Berlin airport opening delayed to March 2013
Frankfurt, May 17, 2012
The opening day of Berlin's new airport has been pushed back by almost a year to March 17, 2013, the mayor of Berlin said on Thursday.
The capital's long-awaited new airport will replace Tegel and Schoenefeld airports, both dating from the Cold War era.
Just weeks before its opening date the operators said the Berlin-Brandenburg airport would not be ready in time. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- UK police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder
- Truck strike may have caused US bridge collapse
- Icahn seeks up to $7bn for Dell bid
- London attacker British, of Nigerian origin
- Thousands of Hezbollah fighters in Syria: Kerry
- Swiss banks fear heavy fines in US tax deal
- Oil slips towards $103 on US demand worries
- US senate backs arming Syrian rebels
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses