Berlin airport opening delayed to March 2013
Frankfurt, May 17, 2012
The opening day of Berlin's new airport has been pushed back by almost a year to March 17, 2013, the mayor of Berlin said on Thursday.
The capital's long-awaited new airport will replace Tegel and Schoenefeld airports, both dating from the Cold War era.
Just weeks before its opening date the operators said the Berlin-Brandenburg airport would not be ready in time. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- US exits GM stake in $10bn loss for taxpayers
- World leaders gather for Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in polls
- Chinese 'spied on Europeans before G20 summit'
- Bitter cold, ice grip US East Coast
- EU scraps duty on jet fuel imports
- Tech giants call for more controls on surveillance
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East
- Anti-Russia protests rage in Ukraine, Stalin statue felled