Afghan foreign troop death toll rises to 500
Kabul, September 6, 2010
The number of foreign troops killed in Afghanistan this year has reached at least 500, according to an independent monitoring site on Monday and a tally compiled by Reuters, compared with 521 in all of 2009.
The Nato-led International Security Assistance Force said an ISAF service member was killed in an insurgent attack in the east on Sunday.
There has been a sharp increase in foreign military deaths, many of them American, as foreign troops launch more operations to counter a growing Taliban-led insurgency.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- World shares tumble on Fed jitters
- EU industrial output falls sharply in Oct
- Kuwait spy chief worried by Iraq turmoil
- US lawmakers push to introduce new Iran bill
- Yemen close to $550m IMF loan deal
- 3 more Swiss banks join US tax deal
- US, Britain suspend aid to Northern Syria
- Iran to set date for IAEA visit to uranium mine
- Gulf leaders urged to launch Syria aid fund
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal