Cleric calls for Muslim-only maids
Riyadh, July 27, 2010
A Saudi cleric said only Muslim housemaids should be allowed in the kingdom and they should be kept segregated from men in the home.
“If there is a need to import workers as female domestics, they should be Muslims,” Shaikh Yusef Al Ahmad, a lecturer at Riyadh’s Imam Mohammed bin Saudi University, told the sabq.org website.
He also said female domestics should cover themselves and have a male relative guardian with them, said a report in our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News. – TradeArabia News Service
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Difficult to have Iran at Syria talks, says US official
- Libya must use force to seize oil ports
- US military aircraft hit in Sudan
- Egypt sends Mursi to trial in third case
- Turkish ministers' sons held in graft probe
- US Senate to vote on new Iran sanctions bill
- US caution over Syria talks prompts opposition doubts
- Hezbollah leader warns Israel of revenge
- EU officials slam S&P after ratings downgrade
- India protests intensify in US diplomat row