10 killed, 15 injured in Syria blaze
Damascus, October 18, 2008
A fire broke out in a commercial building in northern Syria killing 10 people and leaving 15 others injured on Friday, said the country's official news agency.
The fire swept through a five-storey building in the city of Aleppo, some 355 kilometers north of Damascus, said Sana.
An initial investigation showed the fire was likely caused by an electrical short-circuit, said the report.
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Thousands of Hezbollah fighters in Syria: Kerry
- Swiss banks fear heavy fines in US tax deal
- Oil slips towards $103 on US demand worries
- US senate backs arming Syrian rebels
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted
- Monster tornado kills 51 in Oklahoma town