10 killed, 15 injured in Syria blaze
Damascus, October 18, 2008
A fire broke out in a commercial building in northern Syria killing 10 people and leaving 15 others injured on Friday, said the country's official news agency.
The fire swept through a five-storey building in the city of Aleppo, some 355 kilometers north of Damascus, said Sana.
An initial investigation showed the fire was likely caused by an electrical short-circuit, said the report.
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- US ‘does not recognize China's air defence zone’
- Brent edges over $111; eyes on US jobs data
- NELSON MANDELA HAS DIED
- Europe braces for deadly hurricane Xaver
- 11 killed in Iraq mall attack
- EU slaps $2.3bn fine on top banks
- US lawmakers worried over Iran's enrichment ability
- HK, Malaysia eye closer Islamic finance ties
- Hezbollah blames Israel for commander killing
- EPA fracking study could hurt energy boom