Aluminium industry set new standards in region
Abu Dhabi, November 19, 2013
The developments in the aluminium industry in the region are driving the market and setting new industry standards, said a senior official at a conference in Abu Dhabi
More than 600 delegates shared their knowhow and expertise, and addressed both economic and development impacts of aluminium smelting in the region at the 17th Arab International Aluminium Conference, under the theme ‘Together, driving the industry forward.'
The attendees included regional and international delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO, said: “Arabal has long been a venue for knowledge sharing and partnership formation, but this year was notable for the diversity and abundance of both.”
“The delegates who came to this year’s conference are leading that charge, and we’re proud to play a small role in facilitating learning, networking and knowledge-sharing between them,” Al Mazrooei said.
As many as 150 delegates joined the Emal smelter tour that included a drive through phase one and the newly opened phase two, the power plant, reduction facilities, central maintenance services and the port area with a special stop off at its Casthouse for a conversation with Emal employees.
The opportunities for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) within the GCC and greater integration among all Arab countires were highlighted at the conference.
Arabal will be hosted by Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) in Bahrain next year. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo