Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
Abu Dhabi, November 4, 2013
Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (Kizad) has signed agreements with Spinneys Abu Dhabi for the setting up of a temperature-controlled distribution centre.
The 50-year Musataha Agreement, was signed by Engineer Khaled Salmeen, CEO and managing director of Kizad, and Tony Fernandes, director of Spinneys Abu Dhabi.
A land plot of 284,688 sq ft has been allocated in the logistics cluster of Kizad Area A, in the non-free zone, where Spinneys will set up the distribution centre to store products from multinational consumer goods manufacturers.
The facility will also be used to store food and non-food products that will then be distributed to various retail outlets across Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
With this investment, Spinneys Abu Dhabi will benefit from access and distribution to local markets in a faster, more cost effective way making the most of Kizad’s world class transportation infrastructure and low utilities costs, deemed of great importance for operating cold stores, a statement said.
Engineer Khaled Salmeen said: “It gives us great pleasure to welcome one of the premier FMCG distribution companies in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Agencies and Trading division of Spinneys Abu Dhabi, to Kizad’s logistics cluster. Kizad aims to establish long term relationships throughout the industrial zone through what it has to offer of business efficiencies, market access, low cost operating environment and the essential support for long term competitive advantage. Spinneys have had five decades of success and we look forward to seeing more success in the years to come with the support of Kizad.”
Fernandes added: “Our strategic agreement with Kizad is one that will support the growth of both parties backed by the creative business model that Kizad provides to its customers. Our decision to set up distribution facilities in Kizad is spurred by our strategy to deliver high quality products and we believe that the business environment at Kizad offers the perfect setting to help us achieve our goal.”
Spinneys Abu Dhabi has diversified business interests ranging from supermarkets, a catering division, a consumer division and beverages division. Through its agencies and trading division, it distributes leading consumer goods brands and supplies to leading chains of supermarkets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures