Hempel launches new range of coatings
, October 30, 2013
Hempel, a leading coatings supplier, has launched its Versiline Vinyl Ester coatings for anti-corrosive protection and temperature, chemical and abrasion resistance, on the global market.
It has been specifically designed for aggressive industrial environments found in many process industries and is already widely used in the US.
Versiline is a range of tailor-made speciality solutions for highly challenging applications – such as chemical tanks, stack linings and absorbers, said a statement.
The range was initially developed by US company Blome, a company Hempel acquired in 2012. It includes five coatings that can be combined in various systems depending on the requirements of each application.
“In some environments and applications, vinyl ester is the only technology that can do the job,” said Oliver Rye, project manager in Hempel’s Protective Segment.
“Versiline Vinyl Ester coatings have been used in the US by many tank operators, and oil and gas and power generation companies for over 40 years. They have a good track record and have proven to reduce downtime and extend the service life of industrial equipment in harsh environments,” he said.
Hempel plans to add new coatings and innovative solutions to the global Versiline range in the near future, said Dimitris Likouressis, protective business director.
“We will soon be launching new solutions as part of the Versiline range for highly challenging applications where heavy-duty performance is critical for both structural integrity and production uptime," he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo