Drydocks inks German shipping firm deal
Dubai, October 22, 2013
Dubai's ship building unit Drydocks World said it has signed a strategic alliance agreement with German company NSC Holding, a leading shipping company which manages 56 vessels in Hamburg.
The agreement was signed by Ali Al Suwaidi, the VP (Business Development & Commercial) at Drydocks World and Heiko Meyer, the managing director of NSC Schifffahrtsgesellschaft mbH & Cie.
The agreement is aimed at securing increased business for the Dubai shipyard. It will help develop engineering and maintenance services for all equipment and appropriate to the specific structure of the ship to serve NSC vessels to the fullest, said a statement from Drydocks.
"Drydocks World is extremely cognizant of customer needs and we proactively pursue customer experience enhancement programs. This further reinforces our customer centric approach to service delivery and we seek to nurture a long term business potential with leading companies within the sector," remarked Al Suwaidi.
"We are delighted to have reached this agreement which will further build and strengthen our business relationship with NSC which began in 2007. We are keen to network with global players in the maritime sector and cultivate future business to our mutual benefit,” he added.
To date Drydocks World has received 11 ship repair orders from the German company. The most recent project carried out by Drydocks World was repair and maintenance of cargo vessel Atlanta, which sailed from the shipyard on October 7.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4