Alba reviews key management strategies
Manama, October 7, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest and most modern aluminium smelters in the world, reiterated its commitment towards further strengthening its competitive edge, bolstering its safety & environmental regulations.
Speaking at a strategic review meeting for Alba's management team, chief executive Tim Murray stated that today Alba and also the whole aluminium industry was facing difficult times with low metal prices.
"The key to Alba weathering this storm is proper strategy execution. The recent strategy offsite was a time for Alba to align our priorities with the focus on maintaining our position as a 1st quartile cost producer," he remarked.
The focus of the day-long meeting was to look atthe challenges facing the industry, review the strategies in place at Alba to boost competitiveness, gauge the potential of the changing market dynamics, study cost control options, and examine how to harness team work to boost greater productivity.
The meeting was also attended by chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari, chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali and chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas.
The offsite meeting provided Alba’s senior officials an opportunity to review current policies and examine future options to boost productivity. Focus was also given to strengthen teamwork as well as further improve safety initiatives across the plant.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures