Alba reviews key management strategies
Manama, October 7, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest and most modern aluminium smelters in the world, reiterated its commitment towards further strengthening its competitive edge, bolstering its safety & environmental regulations.
Speaking at a strategic review meeting for Alba's management team, chief executive Tim Murray stated that today Alba and also the whole aluminium industry was facing difficult times with low metal prices.
"The key to Alba weathering this storm is proper strategy execution. The recent strategy offsite was a time for Alba to align our priorities with the focus on maintaining our position as a 1st quartile cost producer," he remarked.
The focus of the day-long meeting was to look atthe challenges facing the industry, review the strategies in place at Alba to boost competitiveness, gauge the potential of the changing market dynamics, study cost control options, and examine how to harness team work to boost greater productivity.
The meeting was also attended by chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari, chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali and chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas.
The offsite meeting provided Alba’s senior officials an opportunity to review current policies and examine future options to boost productivity. Focus was also given to strengthen teamwork as well as further improve safety initiatives across the plant.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai