Alba outlines zero accident policy
Manama, October 1, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said its progress in achieving a zero accident work environment was outlined in the company's first half 2013 review that was officially distributed to employees and other stakeholders.
The Alba Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Review is based on a report presented to the company's board during the third quarterly board meeting for the year.
The report gives an overview of the core objectives of the HSE department that is responsible for all safety-related issues across the company; expands on the zero accident principles launched in the beginning of the year; and, provides a summary of key initiatives and activities organised to further reinforce a safety culture across the organisation.
The zero accident principles state that ownership of safety is everyone's responsibility, working safely is a condition of employment, and all work-related injuries and illnesses are preventable.
"Health and safety remain the single most priority guiding Alba's operations, and has been one of the key focus of our company since the beginning of this year," said chief executive Tim Murray.
"A sustained campaign to remind and reinforce a safe working environment was systematically organised to give more muscle to safety initiatives, and as a result, we were proud to announce four million work hours without lost time injury," he stated.
"However, we are keen on raising these targets even further till we are able to achieve our goal of establishing a zero accident work environment," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo