Bahrain airport hosts heaviest cargo aircraft
Manama, September 30, 2013
Antonov AN 225, the biggest and heaviest aircraft in the world landed at the Bahrain International Airport recently from Cairo.
The heavy-cargo aircraft is also known to the aviation worlds under names like Mriya and Cossack. The airplane’s landing at BIA is considered a great milestone that showcases the high-quality facilities and services at the airport and its’ readiness to receiving all aircrafts regardless of size or type, said a statement.
Antonov AN 225 is the heaviest strategic cargo aircraft manufactured by Antonov in the 1980s originally to transport the Buram Spaceplane.
The aircraft is equipped to carry very heavy shipment up to 250 tonnes and 70 metres in length within its’ spacious surface area, which is powered with 16 double wheels and six turbofan engines. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport