Foster Wheeler, Borouge ink services deal
Zug, Switzerland, September 26, 2013
A unit of Swiss-based Foster Wheeler has signed a three-year framework agreement with Abu Dhabi Polymers Company (Borouge) for the provision of engineering and consultancy services in the UAE.
The terms of the agreement were not disclosed and bookings will be recorded as work is released by Borouge.
As one of the contractors supporting Borouge’s engineering projects, Foster Wheeler will execute studies and will provide front-end engineering design, engineering, project management and support services for capital projects and plant modifications.
“A key objective of Foster Wheeler is to establish closer, long-term relationships with our clients, providing a full range of services to support their businesses,” said Umberto della Sala, president and chief operating officer of Foster Wheeler.
“Long-term relationships also underpin our development of a sustainable operational presence in key markets in the Middle East, a strategically important region for Foster Wheeler.”
Foster Wheeler is a global engineering and construction company and power equipment supplier delivering technically advanced, reliable facilities and equipment.
The company’s Global Engineering and Construction Group, which signed the contract with Borouge, designs and constructs leading-edge processing facilities for the upstream oil and gas, LNG and gas-to-liquids, refining and chemicals, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit