Siemens opens e-business in Mideast
Dubai, September 22, 2013
Siemens, the global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, has launched an
e-business in the Middle East to provide automation and drive systems to regional customers, with an initial focus on the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain.
The Industry Mall offers in excess of 135,000 products and systems in the areas of automation and drive technology, with more than 30 million variations. In combination with the Siemens Industry Online Support, a vast number of additional technical-oriented features are available, said a statement.
The gateway, which has been successfully implemented across Europe and Asia, makes the information gathering and ordering process more transparent, efficient and cost effective. Customers can check product technical specifications, prices, their availability and the date of delivery online.
To support the selection and application of products and systems, application examples, FAQs and a technical forum are available. Customers can also track their orders and view configuration options on the website to customise products according to their needs.
“The Industry Mall is an important milestone for Siemens in the Middle East,” said Bernhard Niessing, CEO - Middle East.
“This platform will enable our customers to meet their needs in a faster and more convenient manner, especially to accommodate for the different fast-growing industries in the region,” said Niessing. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials