Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa
Asry names acting chief executive
Manama, September 22, 2013
Bahrain-based Asry has appointed Nils Kristian Berge, the current commercial general manager, as its acting chief executive, to succeed Chris Potter, who leaves the company next month.
The Asry board yesterday confirmed the transition has been planned for several months in order to ensure a smooth and seamless transfer of responsibilities, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"With new expansions and diversifications now completed and integrated at the yard under Mr Potter's valued guidance, Asry is now positioned for a new phase of progress, which Mr Berge is ideally suited to spearhead," said Asry chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa.
"With more than 25 years of international maritime experience and detailed insight into the workings of Asry over his time as commercial general manager, our ambitious plans for the yard will be in capable hands," he stated
On his new role, Berge said: "I am honoured to be given the opportunity to continue Chris' excellent work. I intend to streamline the yard's efficiency, lead it to greater stakeholder value, and consolidate its reputation so that it remains a source of pride for Bahrain and Arabian Gulf."
The outgoing CEO Chris Potter said he was leaving the organisation with many fond memories of the numerous people whom he has had the pleasure of working with.
"I am privileged to have overseen the huge transformation the company has undergone in recent years and I leave in the knowledge that Asry has a very secure future ahead," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events