Fadhel A. Nabi, Waleed Tamimi and Amal Abdul Rahman Ahmed
Alba announces key appointments
Manama, September 15, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain, one of the largest and most modern aluminium smelters in the world, has announced the appointment of three new managers in key departments of the company.
In a major revamp, chief executive Tim Murray has appointed Amal Abdul Rahman Ahmed as the new marketing manager for the GCC and Mena region and Fadhel A. Nabi the manager for procurement and warehousing, while Waleed Tamimi is the manager for operational excellence.
A marketing graduate from the University of Bahrain, Amal has been with Alba for over 15 years and has extensive experience in sales and marketing having worked with local, regional and international clients.
Fadhel A. Nabi is with Alba for over 20 years and has worked in various positions in the procurement and warehousing department. He is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply, UK and has also been an ISO 9001 Internal Auditor and Coordinator.
Waleed Tamimi brings with him nearly 17 years’ experience as a business and management consultant with vast exposure in steering companies through business and process excellence programmes and transformations. He has also worked in customising Six Sigma solutions for companies and has been the Lean Six Sigma Programme head for Alba.
Commenting on the appointments, Murray said: "Alba remains committed to provide opportunities for growth to talented employees in the organisation,and in empowering them with greater responsibilities."
"Amal, Fadhel and Waleed have each demonstrated excellence in their performance andam confident that they will continue to show similar success in their new positions," he noted.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures