YBA Kanoo names new group CEO
Manama, September 13, 2013
Top Bahraini conglomerate Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo said it has appointed Maurice Ghattas as the new group chief executive (CEO).
Ghattas will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of long-term business strategies and future expansion plans.
"We are careful in hiring the best professional and qualified cadres characterised by high efficiency and practical experience," chairman Mubarak Kanoo said.
"The appointment of Ghattas clearly confirms the company's commitment to develop and promote solutions not only in Bahrain but also throughout the Middle East," he added.
Ghattas has a wealth of experience in business development and management.
In the past, he has worked with multinationals such as United Techologies, Carrier, Knoll MFG, W R Grace as well as many prominent GCC family companies giving him a unique combination of skills and perspective in doing business in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair