YBA Kanoo names new group CEO
Manama, September 13, 2013
Top Bahraini conglomerate Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo said it has appointed Maurice Ghattas as the new group chief executive (CEO).
Ghattas will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of long-term business strategies and future expansion plans.
"We are careful in hiring the best professional and qualified cadres characterised by high efficiency and practical experience," chairman Mubarak Kanoo said.
"The appointment of Ghattas clearly confirms the company's commitment to develop and promote solutions not only in Bahrain but also throughout the Middle East," he added.
Ghattas has a wealth of experience in business development and management.
In the past, he has worked with multinationals such as United Techologies, Carrier, Knoll MFG, W R Grace as well as many prominent GCC family companies giving him a unique combination of skills and perspective in doing business in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures