Globe Express to expand in Turkey
Dubai, September 12, 2013
Globe Express Services (GES), one of the world’s top 100 global logistics providers, has announced plans to expand its market presence in Turkey, starting with expansions to its air freight business.
Globe Express has grown steadily in Turkey since establishing its offices in 2006 in Istanbul, a hub for European commerce.
The Turkey office was originally intended to be just a handling entity for the offices of the GES Group. After its merger with the Overseas Group, the Turkey office adopted a new strategy of building up a self-sustained presence in the region.
The People + Network + Technology philosophy of Globe Express Services has taken off quite well in Turkey, a prime candidate for eventually evolving into a global logistics center given the rapid growth of logistics services here over the past few years.
GES, which has great strides in improving its air freight transactions, is aiming to make the same strong impact on ocean freight moving forward, a company statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014