Alba safety awareness drive a major success
Manama, September 12, 2013
Alba's commitment to promote greater safety awareness across the plant received a substantial boost with the 2013 Power HSE Week which concludes today.
The 2013 Power HSE Week was part of the Alba Power Station's initiative to have a dedicated week focused on safety related issues, and contribute towards further strengthening the safety culture in the company, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
Alba chief executive Tim Murray inaugurated the five-day event and was joined by the power station director, Amin Sultan.
Also present at the event were chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali, chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas, labour union chairman Ali Bin Ali, managers of various departments, power station operations and maintenance staff and employees.
The 2013 Power HSE Week provided a platform for non-management staff to share safety related experiences.
It provided opportunity to discuss ways to eliminate traffic violations through enhanced knowledge on traffic regulations as well as reduce any lapses in issuing and receiving permit for work forms.
The event also exposed employees to HSE policies and practices followed by other companies and looked at the safe use of protective gear while working.
Murray said the road to achieving a zero accident work environment requires continuous focus by all the people in Alba.
"As a way to further promote safety at the shop floor level, we have initiated a campaign for every operational area to develop their own 'mini-HSE week' using their own creative ideas," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures