Alba launches 4-pronged safety drive
Manama, September 4, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has launched a four-pronged campaign to bolster the safety culture across the firm and establish a zero accident work environment.
The main thrust of the campaign is that safety must envelope each and every aspect of an employee’s life in order for it to be effective.
The message highlights four stages in an average day when a focus on safety can make a positive outcome to any situation -- Come to Work Safely; Work Safely; Go Home Safely; and, Be Safe at Home.
Large billboards and posters with the message have been set up all over the plant to reinforce this message. In addition, the points are also discussed during the weekly Monday safety hours and the 5-minute safety talks before each shift.
Alba’s chief executive officer Tim Murray said: “It must be realised that safety does not operate according to fixed working hours nor does it take any break on weekends. It is not something that one does only at work and then quickly neglected when one goes home.”
“Safety is a behaviour whose impact is felt not only by colleagues at work but also by one’s family. Hence, our campaign focuses on bringing an attitudinal shift in seeing safety as an essential aspect of living responsibly.”
Alba continues to make safety a key priority in its day-to-day operations in its quest to achieve a zero accident work environment, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport