Alba holds health lecture for staff
Manama, August 21, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest and most modern aluminium smelters in the world, recently organised a lecture on handling stress and anxiety for its employees at the Alba Healthcare Centre.
The lecture ‘Coping with Occupational Stress and Daily Anxiety’ conducted by Dr Sharifa A Hameed Swar from Batelco Care Centre for Family Violence Cases was aimed at enabling employees to combat any work-related stress, bolster their mental preparedness to meet any challenges, and strengthen productivity levels.
It focussed on issues faced by those working at the plant and offices, and also included, healthy practices such as breathing techniques, exercises that can be adopted in the right way to relieve stress and anxiety, thus boosting employee performance.
“Our employees are rightly regarded as our chief assets, and their welfare remains our primary concern,” said Isa Al Ansari, Alba’s chief operations officer.
“Hence, we remain strongly committed towards providing a safe, healthy and stress-free work environment, which will boost motivation and employee performance and in turn, increase overall productivity.
“Alba’s Healthcare Centre has successfully implemented programmes aimed at employee health and in future also, we will continue to invest towards the betterment of our employees through various educational and practical programmes.”
The interactive session was a huge success, and employees were keen to acquire knowledge on the means and methods to combat stress and situations that caused anxiety at the work place. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events