Lumiglass wins approval to market in Europe
Dubai, August 21, 2013
Lumiglass Industries, a unit of top safety glass firm Glass LLC, and a subsidiary of Dubai Investments, has received the European CE Mark certification – the regulatory approval for competing in the European market.
The CE Mark and label certification, in accordance with EN 14449-2, validates the company’s strategic direction and its commitment to the production of building-laminated and safety glass to the highest manufacturing standards.
CE marking is a mandatory quality and safety conformity mark for products placed on the market in the European Economic Area, consisting of the 27 member states of the EU and European Free Trade Association countries Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
With this certification, the company can now carry the CE Mark and label on its laminated and the laminated safety glass products.
Ziad Yazbeck, senior vice-president – Sales and Marketing, Glass LLC, said: “The CE Mark certification to Lumiglass is a major milestone in our journey to further expand the business.”
“The certification reinforces our commitment to the highest standards of quality and safety on our laminated glass products which enables us to market our range throughout the European Economic Area. Since our inception in 2003, Lumiglass has maintained high standards of quality and the CE Mark certification allows us to aggressively expand our global reach.
“With this certification, the business opportunities ahead for Lumiglass in the European market are significant. As a company, we are very competitive in our pricing model and the desired quality CE certification gives us added advantage in the international markets,” he added.
The CE Mark certification requires manufacturers to employ continuous conformity assessment and technical documentation at every step – initial type testing, factory production control and auditing of the product across all parameters required for regulatory purposes. This is to ensure that the products are manufactured in accordance with the stipulated quality requirements. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Amphibious boat debuts in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event