Maritime conference to be held in Sharjah
Sharjah, August 13, 2013
The UAE’s growing influence as an import and export hub amid the regional maritime industry and its rising container traffic will be the focus of an event to be held in Sharjah in Novermber.
The Gulf Maritime 2013 exhibition and Mastech conference will take place at the Expo Centre Sharjah from November 25 to 27.
“The maritime industry is propelling the local economy to greater heights... the sustained growth of the sector has helped the country in improving its competitiveness and standing as a premier trade and logistics hub at the regional and international levels,” said Saif Mohammed Al Midfa, director-general, Expo Centre Sharjah.
Increasing trade activity has already manifested in the form of more shipping and container traffic, with Sharjah’s Gulftainer reporting a 24 per cent increase in trade volume in 2012 when compared with 2011, said a statement.
The Mastech naval architecture and shipbuilding conference will be held alongside Gulf Maritime 2013 on November 25 and 26.
Mastech has already received the confirmation of 12 papers on major topics like ship building and repair, marine engineering, naval architecture, offshore and oil and gas, with the final session set to focus on “Energy Efficiency” that will have vessel owners, equipment suppliers and other stakeholders on the panel. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn