DHL launches shipment tracking app
Bonn, Germany, July 30, 2013
DHL Global Forwarding, the air and ocean freight specialist within Deutsche Post DHL, has launched a mobile app for customers to track their shipments.
The ‘DGF Cargo Mobile Tracking’ shows users their shipping history and the status of their current shipments. The app also provides global access and is available free of charge in the respective app stores for iPhone and iPad, android and Blackberry smartphones.
“The “DGF Cargo Mobile Tracking” application provides increased visibility to customers, as to the current status of their cargo movements, in real time, no matter where they are,” said Michael Young, global head of Marketing and Sales.
“Supply chain managers are often away from their desks and benefit from mobile solutions, which enable them to track time sensitive shipments and adapt their planning, where necessary,” Young added.
The app offers four functions to the user: seeking shipments, saving search queries, a detailed shipping history of the past six months, and a “location finder” that shows the nearest DHL Global Forwarding office and its contact details.
The search function also allows customers to track further details of the shipment process, such as the shipment’s starting time, current location and estimated time of arrival. The “Save Search” function saves pre-defined search queries, such as multi-digit consignment numbers that can be called up again. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures