DHL launches shipment tracking app
Bonn, Germany, July 30, 2013
DHL Global Forwarding, the air and ocean freight specialist within Deutsche Post DHL, has launched a mobile app for customers to track their shipments.
The ‘DGF Cargo Mobile Tracking’ shows users their shipping history and the status of their current shipments. The app also provides global access and is available free of charge in the respective app stores for iPhone and iPad, android and Blackberry smartphones.
“The “DGF Cargo Mobile Tracking” application provides increased visibility to customers, as to the current status of their cargo movements, in real time, no matter where they are,” said Michael Young, global head of Marketing and Sales.
“Supply chain managers are often away from their desks and benefit from mobile solutions, which enable them to track time sensitive shipments and adapt their planning, where necessary,” Young added.
The app offers four functions to the user: seeking shipments, saving search queries, a detailed shipping history of the past six months, and a “location finder” that shows the nearest DHL Global Forwarding office and its contact details.
The search function also allows customers to track further details of the shipment process, such as the shipment’s starting time, current location and estimated time of arrival. The “Save Search” function saves pre-defined search queries, such as multi-digit consignment numbers that can be called up again. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport