Sheikh Ali bin Jassim Al Thani, Chairman
Qatar Navigation H1 net profit rises 30pc
Dubai, July 22, 2013
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) on Monday reported a 30 per cent increase in net profit for the first half of the year, with the company citing improved performance at its maritime and logistics, offshore and capital businesses.
The firm made a net profit of 574 million riyals ($157.6 million) in the six months to June 30, compared to 441 million riyals in the corresponding period in 2012, the company said in a statement on Doha's bourse.
No quarterly figures were provided.
However, Reuters calculated a second-quarter net profit of 229.4 million riyals based on earlier earnings announcements.
QNB Financial Services had estimated Milaha to post a second-quarter net profit of 212.13 million riyals. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo