US firm wins $15m tech order for Jeddah airport
Chicago, July 20, 2013
JBT Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider, has announced that it has been awarded contracts in excess of $15 million to supply gate service systems for the King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (KAIA) in Jeddah.
The order, placed by the Avicorp Middle East and Almabani General Contractors on the company’s JBT AeroTech business, includes the supply of new jetway air handling units and pit distribution systems.
The jetway equipment is an integral portion of the new construction project's mission to become an intermodal hub.
"We are very pleased to support continued regional growth and economic development through the supply of these gate service systems to the King Abdul-Aziz International Airport," said John Lee, vice president and division manager, JBT AeroTech.
The order for the gate service systems was received in the second quarter, with delivery anticipated to be complete by the fourth quarter of 2013.
JBT Corporation designs, manufactures, tests and services systems and products for industrial food processing customers through its JBT FoodTech segment and for domestic and international air transportation customers through its JBT AeroTech segment. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc