US firm wins $15m tech order for Jeddah airport
Chicago, July 20, 2013
JBT Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider, has announced that it has been awarded contracts in excess of $15 million to supply gate service systems for the King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (KAIA) in Jeddah.
The order, placed by the Avicorp Middle East and Almabani General Contractors on the company’s JBT AeroTech business, includes the supply of new jetway air handling units and pit distribution systems.
The jetway equipment is an integral portion of the new construction project's mission to become an intermodal hub.
"We are very pleased to support continued regional growth and economic development through the supply of these gate service systems to the King Abdul-Aziz International Airport," said John Lee, vice president and division manager, JBT AeroTech.
The order for the gate service systems was received in the second quarter, with delivery anticipated to be complete by the fourth quarter of 2013.
JBT Corporation designs, manufactures, tests and services systems and products for industrial food processing customers through its JBT FoodTech segment and for domestic and international air transportation customers through its JBT AeroTech segment. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo