New tyre range targets Mideast port vehicles
Dubai, July 14, 2013
The Middle East’s rapidly expanding network of world-class ports will be a key target market for Continental Commercial Specialty Tires (CST).
The German manufacturer recently launched the new tyre range especially developed for vehicles in port operation.
The portfolio, which was introduced at the TOC Europe Exhibition 2013 in Rotterdam, includes customized tyres for all vehicle types operating in port logistics.
The range includes tyres for straddle carriers, reach stackers, rubber tire gantry cranes, terminal tractors and trailers, and heavy-duty forklifts. Most of the tyres are based on the revolutionary V.ply technology, which has been especially developed for the challenging working environments of vehicles in port operation.
Middle East ports, such as Jebel Ali and Khalifa ports in the UAE and King Abdul Aziz port in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, are constantly investing and expanding and are set to benefit from the new tyre portfolio, which will optimise operating costs and efficiency, the statement said.
“For port fleets, fuel is cost factor number one, and tyre replacement cost factor number two. More than that, 20 percent of a vehicle’s fuel consumption originates in the rolling resistance of tyres,” said Dr Michael Andreas Maertens, managing director of Continental CST. “With our new high quality portfolio we can offer customers in the important Middle East market a complete solution that increases reliability and safety, while simultaneously keeping operating costs down and optimizing the environmental performance of their fleets.”
The Continental ContainerMaster and DockMaster tyres are designed for reach stackers, empty container handlers and heavy-duty forklifts. Continental offers these two tyre ranges to fully address the particular challenges of each vehicle type and the wide scope of different operating environments and customer needs. Whereas the ContainerMaster is well suited for the typical operating conditions in most harbours, DockMaster is a slick tyre especially designed for particularly challenging working environments, where puncture resistance is essential, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures