Etihad Cargo wins top Italian award
Abu Dhabi, June 30, 2013
Etihad Cargo, the freight division of UAE national carrier Etihad Airways, has been awarded Best Overall Carrier by the Italian Association of Air Cargo Agents (Anama).
The award was presented to Roberto Casabianca, Etihad Cargo’s head of Global Sales at the annual cargo industry awards ceremony held by Anama (Associazione Nationale Agenti Merci Aeree) recently in Milan’s Museo della Triennale.
Etihad Cargo was lauded by a 14-member Anama jury for its investment in the Italian freight market, innovation, service performance, market competitiveness, for being the best cargo operator to the Middle East, and for its successful relationship with the Italian freight forwarding community.
David Kerr, Etihad Airways’ vice president Cargo, said: “This award is testament to our continuous focus on new and existing customers and our investment in the inbound and outbound Italian cargo market.”
As a result of investment, Etihad Cargo’s freight business in Italy is growing, he added. In 2012, the carrier carried more than 19,000 tons of freight to and from Italy, up 15 per cent on 2011.
“As a global cargo operator, we look forward to working ever closer with our partners to link Italy with the rest of our growing cargo network,” Kerr said.
From its Abu Dhabi hub Etihad Cargo provides daily bellyhold cargo capability on Etihad Airways’ passenger flights to and from Milan, and maindeck capability by way of a three times per week Airbus A330 freighter service. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad