Reckitt opens new production plant in Bahrain
Manama, June 27, 2013
UK-based Reckitt Benckiser (RB), a global leader in health, hygiene and home consumer products, has opened Phase One of its new manufacturing facility in Bahrain.
The plant at the Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP) was officially opened by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday (June 26), said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"RB is a true global company, employing more than 36,000 people around the world, with operations in 60 countries, manufacturing facilities in 41 countries and sales in 200 countries," Dr Fakhro said.
"While it is listed on the London Stock Exchange, it is a global company manufacturing and marketing a wide range of health, hygiene and home care products, including familiar names such as Dettol Disprin, Nurofen and Strepsils."
RB's new manufacturing facility in Bahrain will initially employ close to 100 people.
Dr Fakhro said 50 companies are now operational at the park, employing more than 3,000 people and almost half of these companies are from overseas.
They come from Germany, the US, the UK, France, Singapore, Japan, India, Lebanon, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
These 50 companies are investing BD186 million ($490.6 million) and almost 60 per cent of the investment is coming from the foreign companies.
He added that a further 43 companies are at different stages of development - some under construction, some with signed leases and others who are finalising their leases.
These companies will invest a further BD310 million and over 80 per cent of this total will come from foreign companies. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo