APM Terminals highlights key Bahrain role
Berlin, June 26, 2013
APM Terminals Bahrain said its top officials highlighted the company's pivotal role in facilitating transshipment to Saudi Arabia and the Northern Gulf region at a major event in Berlin.
The 16th Arab-German Business Forum was attended by more than 800 leading experts and decision-makers from the German and Arab business community.
The forum was organised by the Economic Development Board in co-operation with Ghorfa Arab-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Federal Ministry of Economy and Technology. Bahrain was the main host country for this year's event.
In his presentation at the forum, APM Terminals Bahrain chief executive Marco Neelsen highlighted the pivotal role played by APM Terminals as operator of the Khalifa Bin Salman Port in enhancing trade relations.
Bahrain's strategic location to Saudi and the Northern Gulf makes it the ideal gateway to the fast growing GCC markets, he stated.
With trans-shipment volumes increasing substantially over the past year, Neelsen said that APMT Bahrain can further bolster the relationships between the two countries and make additional use of the sea ports.
Neelsen and Sanad attended several business-to-business meetings with German companies, some of whom have already set up their businesses in Bahrain and others seeking to expand their operations into the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans