Dubai unveils big fashion industry plans
Dubai, June 20, 2013
The executive council of Dubai has signed a deal with Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA) to create and develop a strategic plan for the fashion industry in the Emirate.
The “Dubai Fashion 2020”, closely aligned to the recently announced Dubai Design District, is expected to support ongoing growth in the Emirate’s GDP and have a significant impact on employment across the value chain such as manufacturing, retail and design, said the council.
The plan aims to increase the role of contemporary regional fashion and Islamic fashion, besides identifying opportunities for marketing to the specific needs of the regional and global markets, it said.
Moreover, it seeks to promote the development of the sector over the coming years and will focus on providing all the necessary support conducive to building a productive working environment for business, UAE Nationals, and entrepreneurs, to promote an Emirati culture that is on a level with those in other parts of the world, it said.
”Dubai Fashion 2020” also aims to offer development and training programs, and support for the industry with the hosting of various fashion events, and attracting specialised enterprises in fashion from around the world to Dubai.
These efforts will focus on supporting the "Dubai tourism vision 2020" by increasing the volume, spending, and duration of stay by visitors to the Emirate. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans