IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
Cannes, June 19, 2013
The International Advertising Association (IAA) board and executive team will meet under the UAE-based Faris Abouhamad, its new IAA chairman and president, to mark its 75th anniversay at the annual Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity.
The association is set to announce a number of new initiatives, including the re-launching of "The Case for Advertising", a global pro-bono communications program that last ran in the 1990's.
"In many markets, the IAA is the "voice of the industry" as we represent the interests of the marketing communications community and, when necessary, we are able to speak out with one voice," said Abouhamad.
"In light of recent ad bans and attacks on advertising, the IAA is once again prepared and poised to dare and demonstrate to consumers and governments, the vital role of marketing communications in all economies. Something has to be done, and the IAA will act."
"In 2009, the IAA teamed with the United Nations to lead the largest pro-bono initiative in advertising history. The campaign, known as "Hopenhagen," raised awareness for climate change COP 15 Conference and brought the world advertising industry together resulting in some 350+ media partners in over 50 countries donating an estimated $400 million of free advertising on virtually every media channel," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014