Dubal, Emal take part in aluminium summit
Dubai, June 12, 2013
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) and Emirates Aluminium (Emal) explored new opportunities and strengthened ties with key players at a forum held in Chicago recently.
At the sixth aluminium outlook summit 'Harbor 2013', hosted by Harbor Intelligence, Dubal and Emal had a combined booth in the exhibition component and hosted a lunch.
A presentation titled "UAE’s primary aluminium strategy for the Americas and Europe” was also made by Walid Al Attar, executive vice president of marketing and sales.
Al Attar highlighted the global position held by the sales strategy of the combined portfolio, since Dubal and Emal have signed an agreement, whereby Dubal is responsible for the marketing and sales of Emal’s entire annual production.
The total production of the two companies in 2012 was 1.84 million tonnes of metal, and represented almost 50 per cent of the 3.7 million tonnes of total primary aluminium production capacity of the GCC and almost four per cent of the 46.5 million tonnes produced worldwide, he said.
Following the completion of Emal Phase II, the combined primary aluminium production in the UAE will increase to 2.37 million tonnes from the end of 2014, he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014