Alba names new chief financial officer
Manama, June 12, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has appointed Ali Al-Baqali as the company's new chief financial officer.
A Bahraini national, Ali Al-Baqali joined Alba in 1998 as a purchasing officer and was promoted in 2010 as the manager of procurement and warehousing.
Since October 2012, he had been the acting chief finance & supply officer responsible for all finance, supply chain and IT functions.
Welcoming Ali's appointment, CEO Tim Murray said, “At Alba, we believe that the development of our people is the key to future success. Ali’s promotion is a great example of our commitment to develop the right people within the company. We feel this strategy is the best way to harness the true potential of an individual and promoting from within also creates opportunities for others in the company."
"Ali’s promotion to the executive team is the result of his hard work and dedication and we are confident that his leadership will play a crucial role in Alba’s continued success," he added.
A holder of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from University of Bahrain, Ali Al-Baqali is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), UK.
He is currently pursuing his MBA in Finance from EcoleSupérieure des Sciences EconomiquesetCommerciales(ESSEC) through the French Arabian Business School, Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn