Alba names new chief financial officer
Manama, June 12, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has appointed Ali Al-Baqali as the company's new chief financial officer.
A Bahraini national, Ali Al-Baqali joined Alba in 1998 as a purchasing officer and was promoted in 2010 as the manager of procurement and warehousing.
Since October 2012, he had been the acting chief finance & supply officer responsible for all finance, supply chain and IT functions.
Welcoming Ali's appointment, CEO Tim Murray said, “At Alba, we believe that the development of our people is the key to future success. Ali’s promotion is a great example of our commitment to develop the right people within the company. We feel this strategy is the best way to harness the true potential of an individual and promoting from within also creates opportunities for others in the company."
"Ali’s promotion to the executive team is the result of his hard work and dedication and we are confident that his leadership will play a crucial role in Alba’s continued success," he added.
A holder of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from University of Bahrain, Ali Al-Baqali is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), UK.
He is currently pursuing his MBA in Finance from EcoleSupérieure des Sciences EconomiquesetCommerciales(ESSEC) through the French Arabian Business School, Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport