Nakilat signs $917m refinancing deal
Dubai, June 11, 2013
Qatar Gas Transport Co (Nakilat), one of the world's largest shippers of liquefied natural gas (LNG), signed a $917 million loan refinancing deal with Qatar National Bank, Nakilat said in a statement on Tuesday.
No details of the loan were given in the bourse statement, although it stated that Nakilat had a financing programme to fund the construction of a fleet of 25 LNG vessels.
Law firms Latham & Watkins and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom advised Nakilat and QNB on the financing respectively, the statement added. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects