Alba sets new production milestone
Manama, June 9, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has achieved a major milestone with its Pot Line 5 getting upgraded to AP37 technology following the increase in line current to 370 kA.
Alba is currently focused on enhancing performance levels at the plant and remains on track in achieving these goals through the joint efforts of members from the Power, Carbon Operations & Maintenance, Process Control & Development, Reduction Operation & maintenance departments, said a company statement.
With this upgrade, the production at Alba will soar by approximately 1,000 metric tonnes on an annual basis, it added.
Lauding the entire team, Chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari said: "Pot Line 5’s upgrade to AP37 is another milestone for the company. In early 2011 the team outlined a roadmap on how to achieve 370 kA which was done with Alba internal resources and without significant capital expenditure."
"I am confident that this level of success will be reflected in future upgrades and bring pride to everyone in Alba," he added.
For two consecutive years, Alba has achieved record output through deployment of lean management techniques and operational efficiency initiatives.
In January, the company announced that the 2012 production was 890,217 metric tonnes registering an increase of 8,907 MT from the 881,310 MT produced in 2011.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event