Deutsche, Bilfinger secure Dubal project
Abu Dhabi, May 30, 2013
Deutsche Babcock and partner Bilfinger Babcock have secured an order for the replacement of five new heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) at Dubai Aluminium's (Dubal) Jebel Ali power plant.
The project, which is expected to increase the steam capacity of the power plant by 24 per cent, will be carried out over a period of 34 months starting this month.
The turnkey contract covers design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning works for five F9BE HRSGs, including all associated civil and control systems modification on the existing footprint after decommissioning and disposal of the existing units, said a statement.
Clemens Wolters, COO of Abu Dhabi-based Bilfinger Deutsche Babcock Middle East, said: “It’s great that we have been chosen to deliver an important major project for Dubal. This latest agreement is further evidence of our strong long-term business relationships with Dubal and other major operators in the region, and serves as a testament to the high quality of our deliveries.”
After conversion, the plant steam capacity is projected to increase from 180 t/h to 228 t/h per F9BE HRSG. The noise level will also be effectively reduced to 85 dBA and the new plant equipped with energy-saving lighting, based on the latest LED technology, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4