GPIC marks work safety milestone
Manama, May 24, 2013
Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) celebrated achieving more than 15 million working hours free of work accidents among both its employees and contractors.
The event was held in the presence of deputy chairman Yousif bin Abdul Rahman Al Zamil, managing director Anwar Saeed Salamah, president Abdulrahman Jawahery, members of the executive management and company's workers' union.
These hours are equivalent to a total of 4,228 working days. This achievement had been accomplished through hard work and strict management policies adopted by the company, in addition to the application of international health and safety standards, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Al Zamil expressed delight over the achievement and said it showed GCC and Bahraini workers' efficiency and ability to fulfill the assigned tasks with commitment to international safety standards.
Salamah and Mr Jawahery lauded the achievement.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport