TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
Muscat, May 22, 2013
TNT Express in Oman has launched its new 'Mobile Worker' communication unit in the Sultanate which enables drivers to send and receive delivery information in real-time through hand-held scanners in Muscat.
A leading express service provider company, TNT Express in Oman said the Mobile Worker units offer high speed wireless communication of large quantities of data between depots and drivers.
It consolidates several communication systems, into one unified and multi-functional solution and enables customers across the world to track their shipments in less than five minutes of pick up or delivery.
This is particularly useful for customers operating in time critical businesses, said a senior official.
“TNT Express in Oman constantly keeps its promise towards the customer satisfaction by continuously adding value and upgrading services that will significantly improve the speed and efficiency of our daily pickup and delivery operations,” remarked Sivdasan Payangool, the country manager for TNT Express in Oman.
James Edgeworth, TNT Express Middle East sales and marketing director said the company was committed to the ongoing enhancement of its service offering by implementing the latest technology.
"The introduction of Mobile Worker units in our vehicles will significantly improve the speed and efficiency of our delivery operations in Oman," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports