Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
Dubai, May 19, 2013
Emirates SkyCargo, the freight division of Emirates, has won the Best Air Cargo Carrier Middle East award for the 18th consecutive year at the recent Asian Freight & Supply Chain Awards (AFSCA) in Beijing.
Organised by the market leading transport and logistics newspaper Cargonews Asia, Emirates SkyCargo was named the Best Air Cargo Carrier Middle East in recognition of its continued leadership and innovations in its regional air logistics.
Michael Qu, Emirates’ cargo manager China accepted the award on behalf of Emirates SkyCargo’s during a gala dinner held in Beijing.
"To win this prestigious award for 18 years in a row is a great honour and a powerful endorsement of our focus and dedication to providing the highest levels of service,” said Qu.
“The Asian region, China in particular, is a key market for Emirates SkyCargo and remains an area of huge trading potential. With our network continually growing and fleet expanding, we can support growing Chinese customers with enhanced levels of connectivity, flexibility, reliability, as well as provide them with tailored products and services to the Middle East and onwards, especially to Africa.”
Bilateral trade between China and Africa grew from $160 billion in 2011 to $198.4 billion in 2012, in addition to a great rise of Chinese investment in Africa. China has become Africa’s largest trading partner, according to the Chinese Ministry of Commerce.
Emirates SkyCargo offers over 1,300 tonnes total weekly capacity from Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou, including five weekly freighter services from Shanghai and daily belly-hold services from all three cities. Emirates SkyCargo’s China gateways can be easily connected to South America via its world-class and technologically-advanced Cargo Mega Terminal in Dubai.
Emirates SkyCargo currently serves a route network of more than 130 destinations in 77 countries, spanning six continents across the globe. It will also launch flights to Tokyo Haneda in June, Stockholm in September and Clark in the Philippines in October.
The AFSCA award comes shortly after Emirates SkyCargo received the prestigious ‘Cargo Airline of the Year 2013’ award from Air Cargo News and the ‘Best Middle East Cargo Airline’ for the 25th consecutive year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures