Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
Kuwait, May 16, 2013
Dutch-based Damen Shipyards Group has launched the construction phase of 14 Damen ASD tugs for Kuwait Oil Company (KOC), with deliveries scheduled from 2014 onwards.
The series consist of two types, being 9 tugs of Damen’s recently launched 3212 model and 5 units of the well-known 2810 design, with 80 and 50 tons of bollard pull respectively.
At the launching ceremony, the logos of Damen and KOC were welded together as a palpable symbol for the substantial project and the companies’ longstanding relation. The object will hold a place of honour in Damen’s Romania-based Galati shipyard during the construction period.
Existing Damen designs have been masterfully combined with state-of-the-art technology and dedicated features. The new tugs will be assisting tankers at near-shore loading terminals and at single point moorings further offshore.
All ships will be equipped with a powerful fire fighting system for immediate and adequate action in case of emergency. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport