Drydocks chairman gets top honour
Dubai, May 16, 2013
Drydocks World and Maritime World chairman Khamis Juma Buamim was recently named the Maritime Personality of the Year at the 6th Marine BizTV International Maritime Awards.
The event was held as part of the ShipTek 2013 International Conference & Expo on Offshore & Marine Industry.
He was nominated by Nippon Kaiji Kyokai. Buamim was selected by a combination of online public voting and a jury comprising globally renowned personalities in the industry, a statement from the company said.
The ShipTek International Maritime Awards are considered to be one of the most prestigious awards in the maritime sector and are much sought after. In its 6th edition, it is beginning to set the standard and benchmark for other such industry awards, the statement said.
“The award is truly reflection of the progression be fulfilled by DDWMW. As a result of the unlimited support of our wise leadership, we are working persistently and putting our utmost efforts in implementing our leadership’s wise vision in cementing UAE’s unique position in all marine and offshore sectors,” Buamim said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4