Etihad Cargo launches new loyalty program
Abu Dhabi, May 11, 2013
Etihad Cargo has unveiled its new loyalty program for freight forwarders called CargoConnect, a free mileage earning program that rewards companies for every booking made with the UAE cargo operator.
Built on a similar platform to the award-winning Etihad Guest frequent flyer program, CargoConnect is targeted at the small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) segment of the global cargo business.
The program allows CargoConnect members to earn Etihad Guest Miles for net revenue paid on Etihad Cargo, and some of the benefits include being able to redeem miles for flights, upgrades, or chose from more than 6,000 items in the Etihad Guest Rewards Shop.
Under the program, all registered CargoConnect members will earn 1 Etihad Guest Mile for every $2 net revenue paid as general cargo, and 4 Etihad Guest Miles for every $2 net revenue paid as premium cargo.
Kevin Knight, Etihad Airways chief strategy and planning officer, said, "Introducing a smart and rewarding loyalty scheme for SME cargo customers is another excellent example of how Etihad Cargo continues to reward its customers and drive added value."
"Customers can register online and for those doing so before June 30, a bonus gift of 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles will be credited to their new CargoConnect account," he added.
CargoConnect is open to freight forwarders without agreements already in place with Etihad Cargo.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport