Etihad Cargo launches new loyalty program
Abu Dhabi, May 11, 2013
Etihad Cargo has unveiled its new loyalty program for freight forwarders called CargoConnect, a free mileage earning program that rewards companies for every booking made with the UAE cargo operator.
Built on a similar platform to the award-winning Etihad Guest frequent flyer program, CargoConnect is targeted at the small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) segment of the global cargo business.
The program allows CargoConnect members to earn Etihad Guest Miles for net revenue paid on Etihad Cargo, and some of the benefits include being able to redeem miles for flights, upgrades, or chose from more than 6,000 items in the Etihad Guest Rewards Shop.
Under the program, all registered CargoConnect members will earn 1 Etihad Guest Mile for every $2 net revenue paid as general cargo, and 4 Etihad Guest Miles for every $2 net revenue paid as premium cargo.
Kevin Knight, Etihad Airways chief strategy and planning officer, said, "Introducing a smart and rewarding loyalty scheme for SME cargo customers is another excellent example of how Etihad Cargo continues to reward its customers and drive added value."
"Customers can register online and for those doing so before June 30, a bonus gift of 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles will be credited to their new CargoConnect account," he added.
CargoConnect is open to freight forwarders without agreements already in place with Etihad Cargo.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures