Alba safety drive gains momentum
Manama, May 9, 2013
Alba's commitment to increased safety awareness across the entire plant and to steer the organisation towards a zero accident work environment continues to gain greater momentum as the company's executive management held a safety meeting with some of its main contractors.
Alba chief executive, Tim Murray and chief operations officer, Isa Al Ansari met the contractors to highlight the positive steps the company is undertaking to ensure all-round safety, and how these steps resulted in the company achieving four million work hours without loss, time, injury in April.
During the meeting, it was decided that monthly meetings will be held between the contractors and the hygiene, safety and environment team along with quarterly meetings with the executives, if necessary.
"Contractors share the same work space with our employees, and it's vital that they, too, be included in our current campaign to develop a zero accident work environment," said Murray. "Safety, after all, is a collaborative effort and its success hinges upon the co-operation of everyone who's working at the plant.
"We consider contractors to be part of our team, and hence, we are keen on getting them equally passionate - like the rest of our employees - with the steps that the company is taking in strengthening the safety culture across the organisation," he added.
The importance of the three Zero Accidents Principles was also highlighted in bringing about culture shift within the company at the meeting.
The principles state that the ownership of safety is everyone's responsibility, working safely is a condition of employment, and all work related injuries and illnesses are preventable.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures