Etihad Cargo adds new routes for summer
Abu Dhabi, May 7, 2013
Etihad Cargo, the cargo division of UAE flag carrier Etihad Airways, has updated its 2013 summer schedule with new freighter routings, a significant investment in capacity and a number of frequency increases.
From June, Etihad Cargo’s freighter fleet of nine aircraft will operate additional frequencies from Abu Dhabi to Benghazi, Dhaka, Frankfurt, Guangzhou and Khartoum.
A new weekly route to Riyadh will also commence in June, complementing the existing weekly freighter services in Saudi Arabia to Dammam.
A new weekly freighter routing will commence to Vienna and a twice weekly freighter operation to Singapore and Sydney will be added to network next month.
This brings the total worldwide Etihad Cargo network to 89 destinations, eight of which are freighter only (Benghazi, Eldoret, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Houston, Kabul, Sharjah, and Vienna).
Kevin Knight, chief strategy and planning officer at Etihad Airways, said: “Our cargo network continues to expand, and with the addition of new main deck operations to Riyadh, Sydney and Vienna we are significantly adding to the scale of our global operations and linking many parts of the world via our Abu Dhabi hub.
“By leveraging Abu Dhabi’s geographic situation as a well-positioned cargo hub with Etihad Cargo’s world-class products, services, and fleet, we look forward to working closer with our customers and partners as we continue to drive their businesses and deliver results.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan