Etihad Cargo adds new routes for summer
Abu Dhabi, May 7, 2013
Etihad Cargo, the cargo division of UAE flag carrier Etihad Airways, has updated its 2013 summer schedule with new freighter routings, a significant investment in capacity and a number of frequency increases.
From June, Etihad Cargo’s freighter fleet of nine aircraft will operate additional frequencies from Abu Dhabi to Benghazi, Dhaka, Frankfurt, Guangzhou and Khartoum.
A new weekly route to Riyadh will also commence in June, complementing the existing weekly freighter services in Saudi Arabia to Dammam.
A new weekly freighter routing will commence to Vienna and a twice weekly freighter operation to Singapore and Sydney will be added to network next month.
This brings the total worldwide Etihad Cargo network to 89 destinations, eight of which are freighter only (Benghazi, Eldoret, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Houston, Kabul, Sharjah, and Vienna).
Kevin Knight, chief strategy and planning officer at Etihad Airways, said: “Our cargo network continues to expand, and with the addition of new main deck operations to Riyadh, Sydney and Vienna we are significantly adding to the scale of our global operations and linking many parts of the world via our Abu Dhabi hub.
“By leveraging Abu Dhabi’s geographic situation as a well-positioned cargo hub with Etihad Cargo’s world-class products, services, and fleet, we look forward to working closer with our customers and partners as we continue to drive their businesses and deliver results.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad