Etihad opens Singapore maintenance facility
Abu Dhabi, May 2, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has opened a line maintenance base at Singapore’s Changi International Airport, the carrier’s eighth outside Abu Dhabi.
Equipped with the latest technology, the new facility will perform all scheduled and non-scheduled line maintenance for Etihad Airways’ daily flights operating to Singapore from both Abu Dhabi and Brisbane.
This includes transit, daily and weekly checks, scheduled engineering services, and fault repairs for aircraft systems and cabin issues.
From its UAE hub, Etihad Airways operates daily return flights to Singapore and onwards to state capital of Queensland, Australia.
Captain Richard Hill, chief operations officer at Etihad Airways, said: “Singapore is a key part of Etihad Airways’ expanding global network and our decision to establish an engineering facility at Changi reflects our continuing investment in operations there and in the wider region.
“Today’s opening also enhances Etihad Airways’ position as a world-class technical handling company. With existing state-of-the-art maintenance facilities at Melbourne and Sydney in Australia where we also service other carriers, our Changi maintenance base will further strengthen the scale of our global operations.”
Etihad Airways is deploying a team of Abu Dhabi-trained line maintenance aircraft engineers to be based at the new Singapore facility.
The airline’s existing line maintenance facilities are in Dublin, Chicago, Lahore, London-Heathrow, Manchester, Melbourne and Sydney. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events