TNT Express wins Avaya partner contract
Muscat, May 1, 2013
TNT Express in Oman has signed a shipping service agreement with Middle East Telecommunication Company (Metco), the exclusive platinum partner of Avaya International in the country.
The contract covers the import and export of materials and documents for Avaya in Oman.
Avaya is a global leader in enterprise communications systems as well as a Global Account customer for TNT Express in many countries.
Sivdasan Payangool, country manager for TNT Express in Oman said: “TNT Express was able to propose an effective logistic solution that fulfills Avaya transportation needs. They can now benefit from our Middle East road and air networks transit times and our competitive rates.”
Vijay Rajashekaran, Metco assistant general manager said: “We have faced serious service issues because our previous logistics provider couldn’t meet our deadlines, TNT Express in Oman came in at the right time to resolve those delivery time challenges, the company has demonstrated high service quality, reflected in the successful movement of the first shipments.”
James Edgeworth, TNT Express Middle East sales and marketing director added: “The signing of such a contract will further enhance our competitive position and abilities to provide the highest level of service to customers in Oman.”
Oman is a part of TNT Express extensive Middle East Road Network (MERN) delivering to countries such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4