Emirates SkyCargo wins top award
Abu Dhabi, April 30, 2013
Emirates SkyCargo, the freight division of Emirates, recently won Cargo Airline of the Year 2013 at Air Cargo News’ awards.
The airline was also named Best Middle East Cargo Airline for the 25th consecutive year.
Emirates SkyCargo received the accolade at the 30th Cargo Airline of the Year awards, which took place at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event recognises excellence in the cargo, freight and logistics business and is known as the ‘Oscars’ of the industry, a statement from Emirates said.
"It is a great honour to win these prestigious awards and to be recognised by our customers in this way. These awards are voted for by our industry and this success would not be possible, without their support. We will continue to focus on delivering the highest levels of service to our best ability,” said Ram Menen, Emirates divisional senior vice president cargo.
The Cargo Airline of the Year 2013 awards are organised by trade magazine Air Cargo News and attract votes from freight forwarders around the world. The awards are the only event where the British International Freight Association audits and approves the votes cast, the statement said.
Earlier this year, the freight division of Emirates significantly boosted its cargo capacity with the addition of three new Boeing 777F aircraft, taking its freighter fleet to 10 aircraft and its dedicated freighter network to 13 destinations. These are Taipei, Chittagong, Eldoret, Lilongwe, Kabul, Almaty, Gothenburg, Zaragoza, Viracopos, Tripoli, Djibouti, Hanoi and Liege.
Emirates SkyCargo currently serves a route network of more than 130 destinations in 77 countries, spanning six continents across the globe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan