DP World approves $199m dividends
Dubai, April 28, 2013
DP World, one of the world's largest port operators, said the board has approved dividends worth $199 million (24 US cents per share) for 2012 to its shareholders which will be paid on April 30.
Announcing this, DP World chairman Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem said the dividend comprises a 10 per cent increase in the underlying dividend to 21 US cents per share, supplemented by a special dividend of 3 US cents per share reflecting the profit attributable to owners of the company from separately disclosed items.
"The dividend will be paid on Tuesday to all those shareholders who have their names in the register at the close of business on April 2, 2013," he noted.
"For shareholders with NIN accounts the dividend will be paid via a cheque or direct credit to an iVestor card. For NIN holders who have elected to receive dividends by bank transfer this will happen automatically," said Bin Sulayem.
For shareholders who do not have a NIN, the process of dividend payments will be the same as in previous years, paid via their broker, he added.
A major player in the marine industry, DP World has a portfolio of more than 65 marine terminals across six continents including new developments underway in India, Africa, Europe, South America and the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week