Experts discuss Aluminium industry challenges
Manama, April 25, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) hosted a high-level gathering of leading players from the aluminium industry at the Gulf Aluminium Dinner at the Bahrain National Theatre.
Alba chairman Mahmood Al Kooheji addressed The Gulf Aluminium Dinner, which is held in different member countries each year and provides an ideal platform for discussing opportunities and challenges facing the industry.
The event was organised by the Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC).
The invitees - comprising key decision-makers from aluminium-producing companies, technology providers, power generation manufacturers, traders and aluminium users from across the world - were also invited to the exclusive Alba lounge at the Bahrain International Circuit to experience the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
"It is a privilege to host the delegates of the Gulf Aluminium Dinner in Bahrain this year, and to provide them with a taste of true Bahraini hospitality during the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix," Al Kooheji said.
"The Middle East is widely regarded as an emerging centre for aluminium production as it is expected that the region will produce 15 per cent of global aluminium in the next five years.
"Hence, there's an opportunity to see how best we are able to capitalise on the potential, and to ensure that the results benefit each and every one of us," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures