Experts discuss Aluminium industry challenges
Manama, April 25, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) hosted a high-level gathering of leading players from the aluminium industry at the Gulf Aluminium Dinner at the Bahrain National Theatre.
Alba chairman Mahmood Al Kooheji addressed The Gulf Aluminium Dinner, which is held in different member countries each year and provides an ideal platform for discussing opportunities and challenges facing the industry.
The event was organised by the Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC).
The invitees - comprising key decision-makers from aluminium-producing companies, technology providers, power generation manufacturers, traders and aluminium users from across the world - were also invited to the exclusive Alba lounge at the Bahrain International Circuit to experience the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
"It is a privilege to host the delegates of the Gulf Aluminium Dinner in Bahrain this year, and to provide them with a taste of true Bahraini hospitality during the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix," Al Kooheji said.
"The Middle East is widely regarded as an emerging centre for aluminium production as it is expected that the region will produce 15 per cent of global aluminium in the next five years.
"Hence, there's an opportunity to see how best we are able to capitalise on the potential, and to ensure that the results benefit each and every one of us," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans