CAI plans $8.9m investment at Kizad
Dubai, April 24, 2013
Cast Aluminium Industries (CAI), a mid-stream aluminium producer and recycler, has earmarked Dh33 million ($8.98 million) for a long-term rental at Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (Kizad).
The Musataha land rental agreement, in the aluminium industrial cluster, was signed by Khaled Salmeen Al Kuwari, CEO and managing director of Kizad and Sulaiman Muhammad Khalifa Al Suwaidi, president and CEO of CAI at the ongoing Aluminium Middle East 2013 in Dubai.
The allocated 33,000 sq m plot of land in Area A adds to an already healthy aluminium cluster and will be in close proximity to Kizad’s anchor aluminium investor, Emirates Aluminium (Emal).
CAI’s arrival represents a natural addition to the downstream aluminium cluster and will have an immediate and integrated role in the production and the supply chain services of the industry. Although not the first aluminium investor in Kizad, CAI will be the first to represent “horizontal integration” in the cluster.
There is a zero waste target with CAI also intending to play an instrumental role in the waste-recovery management of the other investors in the cluster.
CAI has a wide array of clients in primary aluminium smelters across the UAE (Dubal and Emal) and the wider region including Alba, Qatalum and other secondary smelters. By setting up in Kizad, CAI will continue to service its existing client base as well as other downstream industries.
With the use of the adjacent state-of-the-art Khalifa Port, CAI initially expects to export 300 TEUs (containers) annually.
Kizad’s strategic location and its transportation network through road, sea, air and eventually rail, through the intra-Gulf rail network being developed by Etihad Rail, will be instrumental to CAI’s ability to connect with its customers in the region.
“Kizad is proud to welcome another long term aluminium investor, especially one that is committed to zero waste, efficiency and environmental sustainability,” said Salmeen.
“Cast Aluminium Industries is a great asset to Kizad and I am confident that its business will be significantly boosted by the industrial zone’s outstanding access to global markets, low operating cost environment, and from the anchor tenant – Emal.”
“Recycling is not a common initiative in the industrial business, therefore securing Cast Aluminium as a partner that will play a leading role in waste-recovery management will change the nature of this business in the UAE,” he added.
Al Suwaidi said: “Cast Aluminium Industries is proud to be Kizad’s first recycling investor in the aluminium cluster. Kizad’s superior transportation network will provide our business with unparalleled connectivity to all our clients in the UAE and the region, giving us a competitive advantage that will enhance our production.
“Our location in the industrial zone with its proximity to Khalifa Port will reaffirm our commitment to further strengthening Abu Dhabi’s economic vision of diversifying its economy through industry, and reducing the effects on the environment.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers